From Cape Town, on Sunday 14th, I flew on Lufthansa to London and stayed with Connor, my son who lives in Belham, south east London. From Heathrow it was an easy Tube ride with one changeover to the Northern Line, and I was at his home within an hour. Only hiccup was that I boarded the Heathrow Express, not realizing that both the ‘normal’ tube and the Express used the same platform. An expensive mistake which I found out later when I perused my Credit Card entires a few days later.
FYI, on the Tube and Busses, there is no need to by an Explorer pass any longer - all access points to the Tube and Bus accepts ‘Tap’ with your credit card. Just remember to use the same credit card for entry and exit for all your journeys on a day, so that the zonal caps apply.
Whilst Connor worked, I sightsee’d London. First day trip was to do the Thames South Walk, aka the Queens Walk.
I caught the Tube at Belham, a 15 minute walk from Connors’ home, traveling north, and alighting at Waterloo station.
Walking west along the Walk to get a good view of Big Ben and the House of Commons
A slight detour to the entrance of the Southwalk Cathedral

Side View
It was interesting to see the Thames at low tide, and how the conservation efforts have paid off. The water was clean, and the beaches and stones not full of muck.
I went onto the beach at Gabriel’s Wharf

































No comments:
Post a Comment